How can a real estate agent help me sell my home?There are countless decisions to be made when selling a home, and many of them will significantly affect whether or not you make a profit and how much time it takes to sell your home. A real estate agent can offer specialized knowledge in research, marketing and negotiations to help you meet or exceed your goals. According to the National Association of REALTORS?, 82 percent of home sales are the result of agent connections.
A real estate agent will:
- Serve as your advocate and representative when dealing with buyers, buyers' agents and service providers.
- Help you establish a fair asking price that also meets your goals.
- Advise you on how to present your home aesthetically to maximize its appeal to buyers.
- Design a customized marketing plan that will promote your home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Tactics can include the MLS, direct mail campaigns, flyers, yard signs, advertising, Internet listings and open houses.
- Schedule and host open houses and home tours.
- Screen all written offers and discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
- Assist you in making counteroffers.
- Send your documents to your lawyer/notary.
- Mediate any last-minute obstacles to ensure a smooth, successful transaction.