Stay Organized with your personal checklist.
Moving stress can be avoided by making sure that you have everything taken care of ahead of time.
- Book meeting with Lawyer.
- Change of address to friends & family, etc.
- Change of address to credit cards, cell phone, memberships, associations, etc.
- Change of address to OHIP, Driver's license, vehicle registration, financial institutions, employer, etc.
- Insurance - home, content and fire.
- Book a mover or contact friends & family.
- Utility transfers - gas, phone, hydro, water, cable, cell, internet, etc.
A list of all your furniture and household items, toys, gym equipment, etc can help you think about your plans for your move. Start by making a list and then decide what you wish to do with each item. Once you've completed the list, you will be ready to start the work. Following the list will help you stay on track with your wishes to keep, donate or sell all your items. The end result will be a reduction of your clutter and a clear focus on finding your new home.
Helping you understand:
Megan would like you to be confident in your choice to move. In today's fast paced lifestyle, it is time consuming to research everything that goes into purchasing a new home. Please send Megan an email to request any information or to make contact with an agent who is interested in making the Real Estate process less intimidating.
Printable MOVING Checklist
This list may help you keep all your information in one organized place* (including some important contact numbers).
Here are a couple of printable checklists to help you with your planning process:
CAN YOU AFFORD TO MOVE THE SELLING & BUYING BUDGET ANALYSIS